A Brief Guide to buy the best camping hammock
If you are planning your next camping trip soon then there is one thing that you’ll definitely need; a camping hammock. A camping hammock will provide you the best and comfiest place to sit or lay down in the open air if you are fond of spending your night under the bare sky falling asleep with the sight of twinkling stars. A hammock is the thing you need if you wish to spend your holiday in the closest communion with the nature. There are some common conditions generally considered by the users that make a hammock the perfect one, .i.e. it should be comfortable, packable, commodious and above all it should have the water repellant features in order to keep you safe from bad weathers as well as carrying flysheets to stay safe from the bugs or mosquitoes. If you have all these features in a hammock, then that’s all you will need for a nice and relaxing holiday.
The choice of the camping hammocks can be a really difficult and not so easy session to go through as you’ll find many options before you once you are in the market. There, you will be seeing an endless variety of camping hammocks, made with various materials and having different characteristics. But there are few things that can really help you with choosing the best hammock for yourself. We have prepared a brief guide about buying the best camping hammocks, in order to make complete surety of your choice and that you spend your money on the right thing.
· Hammocks’ Dimensions
- Width A hammock should be as wide as to provide enough of the needed space for you. Usually hammocks’ width is between 4 to 8 and 6 to 7-ft, providing enough and comfortable space for a solo use or a couple.
- Length Length should also be taken into serious consideration or else it can be a problem for you afterwards. Meaning, if you are a tall person then a normal hammock with a normal length will not suffice you so you should go for the one that is almost 8 ft. long, meeting the best to your needs.
- Weight capacity is another important thing you need to notice before buying one. Usually, hammocks weight limits are between 150 to 500 pounds. Putting extra weight on the hammock which is out of its capacity will surely damage it and it will become useless eventually so go for one that suits the best to your need.
- Hammocks are usually made of cotton and nylon. But Nylon made hammocks are preferred over the cotton made because they are lightweight and easier to carry and the users always prefer the lightweight stuff which they carry to far off places. There are some extra quilts and covers available with some hammocks for cold and windy weathers.
- Bug and mosquito thwarting features also come with the camping hammocks in order to prevent the bites of bugs. Moreover, some rainfly and waterproof tarps are also available with these hammocks to have safe shelter in windy and rainy weather.